Monday 27 April 2015

The Battle Field

10th July 1915, I have been here for what seems like years but it has only been two months.
My body tingles with fear. I can hear aeroplanes buzzing up above. BANG! BANG! The airplanes drivers job is to drop bombs all over the place. Right now an aeroplane just dropped down because of all the weight onboard.


I'm firing my gun and thinking the same thing over and over again, will I die? I do not want to die.
I miss my family. Are they ok? I never thought I'd say this but I am really excited to fight in the war now. I don't know why but I just am. BOOMM! SCREAMM! My mate is crying because his brother just got shot by a German in the stomach. I hope that doesn't happen to me. I can taste smoke from all of the fires. There is fire bursting everywhere! I can see airlifts, lots of people dying and sadly animals dying too.



I feel upset, proud and scared all at the same time. Also I feel stressed and worried. One reason is because if we don't win the war our country would be destroyed. Everyone is screaming including me. I am yelling for bombs to drop and for people to fire their guns. I feel around me, muddy but rock hard ground rubs against my fingers. Someone fired their gun and only just misses me. It makes dust go everywhere. I am busy telling an aeroplane to drop that I do not notice a bullet heading my way. I get shot in the arm and I'm rushed into an ambulance and driven away.





No comments:

Post a Comment